SHILLONG, May 12: The Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad K.Sangma said that the recruitment process in different Government departments will start again soon after the departments have provided the details of the roster system being applied.
Yesterday,the Court dropped the suo moto case on the roster system after the Government provided the requisite details and also got the approval of the Cabinet, but the Court also said that no new recruitment can be carried forward until the details of the roster system being applied in the respective departments have been provided.
On being queried today, the Chief Minister said that this order of the Court to put on hold new recruitment is only until the Government has been able to provide details of the roster system in all past recruitments from the time the reservation policy was adopted, and after the departments have furnished the details, they can move forward again with the new recruitment processes.
He said that the restarting of the recruitment processes depends on the ability of the respective departments in furnishing the details of the roster. On being asked further, Sangma said that the process of recruitment which have had to be put on hold will continue from where the process had reached so far and will not require for the process to start again from the beginning.