23 C
Shillong
Monday, April 15, 2024

Rymbui announces release of Student’s Scholarship amounting to Rs 169 crores

HEADLINES

SHILLONG, November 09: The Education Minister of Meghalaya, Lahkmen Rymbui has announces that the Government has released the pre and post-matric scholarship to students amounting to Rs. 169 crores for 61116 students of Meghalaya for the year 2021-2022.

He said that the amount will be distributed to the students through the Public Financial Management System(PMFS).

On being queried about the delay in releasing the scholarship, Rymbui said that the scholarship is borne 90% from the Central Government, and they have to wait for the Central Government to release the allocation before they can release the rest of the 10% from the State Government.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

TRENDING