Mawkyrwat, June 11: A fires gutted completely a utensil shop belonging to Ismingstar Kharhari located at Lad Sehbah, Mawkyrwat South West Khasi Hills District on the 7th of June.
As per the statement of the shop owner, he said that he could not ascertain the reason leading to his shop being completely gutted by fire since he was not at his shop when the fire started in the night presumably around midnight.
After people managed to inform him about the fire and by the time he reached the spot, they could no longer take out his goods from the shop and the emergency fire service had also arrived to contain and extinguish the rapid fire in his shop. The police force took the responsibility on this matter to help extinguish the fire.
As per the statement of Ismingstar Kharhari, the goods in his shop which were damaged due to the fire have crossed about Rs.2 lakhs. He also informed the police authorities about the loss he has suffered as well as the C&RD Block Mawkyrwat and others to seek for help and support in case there is any way for such kind of help to be extended.
In this incident, no one was injured except for the loss of all the goods in the shop.