SHILLONG, May 11: The Deputy Chief Minister of Meghalaya incharge of the Power Department, Prestone Tynsong denied that a raid was carried out by the Enforcement Directorate at the office of the MeECL in Lumjingshai, Shillong.
As per reports on media platforms, it was claimed that the office of the MeECL was raided by the Enforcement Directorate in the past few days, and it was also claimed that the ED seized important documents related to the implementation of the Saubhagya Scheme, a Central Government scheme for power distribution to all households in the State.
Speaking today,the Deputy Chief Minister denied this by saying that the news is false and baseless. He said that there was no raid or seizing of any documents that occured.
He said that the Enforcement Directorate had sought clarification from the MeECL from October last year, and the MeECL has also provided the necessary documents for clarification or information as required by officials of the ED. He said that on the Monday of this week also, the Enforcement Directorate asked for more documents which the MeECL provided, while adding that there was no such raid that took place as reported in the media platforms.
With regards to the report of the independent enquiry over corruption allegations in the Power Department, he said that the Government is also awaiting the report as the matter has been handed over to the Political department, and after they have studied the report in detail, they will send it to the Power Department, and added that soon the department will receive the report with recommendations.