SHILLONG, January 18 : The Meghalaya Government has expressed that it has no knowledge about the claims made by MLA of the AGP from Guwahati, Ramendra Narayan Kalita that some areas from the 6 sites slated for resolution in the first phase will be handed over to Meghalaya in pursuance of the ‘give and take’ policy agreed upon by the two states last year.
As per the statement of the MLA of West Assam, some areas in Pilangkata which are parts of the Kamrup- Metro in the interstate area with Ri-Bhoi, parts of Boklapara under his constituency and a few parts of Langpih in Kamrup District
will be handed over to Meghalaya. The surprise that arose over the statement of the MLA from West Assam is on the basis that Langpih does not fall under the 6 sites that the two states have slated for resolution in the first phase.
The Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad Kongkal Sangma on being asked about this statement made by the Assam MLA, said that he has no knowledge or seen anything on this and would not like to comment anything on it.
With regard to the utterance of the words, ‘give and take’ policy made by Assam MLA, Sangma said that this is not at all the case but there are a few hurdles which the two states have moved forward to resolve and to state that it has been decided to exchange a few areas is incorrect.
The Chief Minister of Meghalaya said that the facts will be known when a clarification is received, and he also added that the State has been patiently waiting for 50 years for a resolution, now we need to wait for only two more days.